Monday, July 27, 2009

R.I.P. to Yasmin Ahmad

Michael Jackson's death to me was like a lost on the entertainment side, I'll certainly miss his moon-walk, dances and those songs written for humanity and the environment. But that's all.

I prayed for Yasmin. God has His reason but I did hope that the stroke won't take Yasmin away. We all know that there's a time for everything, but what a grieve it is for us Malaysians to witness an icon, if not an extraordinary person represented the weaker-influence groups of Malaysians (i.e. a female-open-minded-muslim) to leave us so suddenly. She is the future-Malaysian I hope my students grow up to be; she is the present one-Malaysian that Dato' Seri Najib can relate to.

We should credit her for her true-Malaysian lifestyle and exceptional art-pieces and films she had produced. Indeed we're suffering a great loss.

R.I.P. Yasmin Ahmad, 25th July 2009.

P.S.
Filmography:
Rabun (My Failing Eyesight) (2003)
Sepet (Chinese Eye) (2004)
Gubra (Anxiety) (2006)
Mukhsin (2007)
Muallaf (The Convert) (2008)
Talentime (2009)

2 comments:

ongtunming said...

很深刻的tan hong ming这个广告。

国油广告再没有她的著作。可惜。

Jordan Lam Chung Pong said...

Something remains in hearts remains forever.